[Zope] xmlrpclib and zope

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle@kuehne-nagel.com
03 Apr 2002 13:49:25 +0200

Ok, now I've done it -;^>=3D

The weapons:
python (2.1.1)
xmlrpclib (0.9.9)
zope (2.5.0)
ParsedXML (1.2.1)

First issue:
I also have the dreaded message:

	"objectIds has no docstring. Patch your ObjectManager.py so=20
	that objectIds has a docstring and restart Zope"

It would be kewl if someone had some more information than this vague,
Redmondish message.

Second issue:
>From python using xmlrpclib, I can call DTML Documents/Methods that do
not reference directories.  But if I include something like:

Then Zope fails to fetch index_html from directory.  ?  Is this in my
installation, a bug with Zope's xmlrpc implementation, or what?  I would
think that my dtml.url stuff is pretty generic and common...

Third issue:
I have a folder "xml", and in that folder is a Parsed XML Document
"faq".  I can successfully see the contents with the URLs like:

	http://localhost:8080/xml/faq/0/1

But from python and xmlrpclib to access Zope (already tested with simple
stuff like "index_html"), I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/xmlrpclib.py", line 660, in __call__
    return self.__send(self.__name, args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/xmlrpclib.py", line 809, in __request
    verbose=3Dself.__verbose
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/xmlrpclib.py", line 692, in request
    return self.parse_response(h.getfile())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/xmlrpclib.py", line 731, in parse_response
    return u.close()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/xmlrpclib.py", line 439, in close
    raise apply(Fault, (), self._stack[0])
xmlrpclib.Fault: <Fault -1: 'Unexpected Zope exception: cannot marshal
<extension class Acquisition.ImplicitAcquirerWrapper at 402f1f00>
objects'>

So who's "Fault" is it, and how can I get on with my life using
xml-rpc?  The only HOWTO I can find is from January 2000!
=20

--=20

Mitch Pirtle
Corporate Security Officer