[Zope] External Method and PIL

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 00:13:14 +0200

Daniel Correa de Azevedo (Nielca) writes:
 > I wonder if someone could help me figuring out how can I turn a Zope Image Object into a Image object of PIL within a external method. I thought about using the data attribut from Zope's image object to get some where, but I'm still lost in doing that.
 > If any one can help me, it would be nice!
There is a HowTo on Zope.org that shows how to make thumbnails
from Zope images with PIL (your problem is a subproblem of that).

The HowTo contains a bug (unless fixed in the meantime).
It breaks for larger images. The mailing list archives have
a solution for the problem. Instead of "image.data", you
need "str(image.data)".

Dieter