[Zope] ZGDChart refresh

Igor Leturia IGOR@emun.com
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 10:49:50 +0200

Ayhan Ergul wrote:

>In my experience, IE was particularly persistent about
>caching images, even with all sorts of http headers
>(pragma, etc.) in place. I ended up referencing images
>with an additional URL parameter that has a randomly
>generated value, eg:
>
>http://www.foo.com/charts/mychart?param1=3D12&param2=3D34
>becomes
>http://www.foo.com/charts/mychart?param1=3D12&param2=3D34*anticache
>=3D99582223529
>
>this fools the browser into thinking it's a different
>chart every time since the URL looks different
>(assuming your RNG is sufficiently good). Obviously
>the side effect is that now every image gets to be
>downloaded every time even if it hasn't changed. This
>was the behavior I needed (with realtime data), so no
>problem. If your data is determined solely by
>parameters instead, then you might construct your URL
>to reflect those parameters, so the same chart gets
>loaded as long as the parameters are the same (good
>for static/quasi-static data).

I think this could solve my problem. But I don't want to show just the
chart in a page, I want to show the chart as part of a page. How can I
include the chart with its parameters in another page? I've tried these
ways, but none works:

<dtml-call "http://www.foo.com/charts/mychart?anticache=3D99582223529">
<dtml-var "http://www.foo.com/charts/mychart?anticache=3D99582223529">
<dtml-call