[Zope] ZEO - VHM - ZCatalog and absolute_url

Eric Roby Eric.Roby@noaa.gov
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 12:08:43 -0500

This is actually a couple of questions rolled up into one since they are
related (in the context of the site configuration).  We are on Linux
with Zope 2.5.0 and the latest version of ZEO.  The setup works fabulous
except for the following items.

Curiosity (1):
Currently, ClientStorage-1 is answering to www.bla.bla.gov.
ClientStorage-2 is used for the ZMI work.  We have a class of document
that is catalog aware.  When these doc objects get messed with on
ClientStorage-2, the absolute_url Metadata property in the Catalog
always points to ClientStorage-2 (on all ClientStorages).  So when
someone kicksoff a search on ClientStorage-1 (www.bla.bla.gov) the
result set returns a list that points to objects on ClientStorage-2.  I
can go into the catalog on ClientStorage-1 and re-build the indexes and
everything is as it should be (with respect to the result set pointing
to objects on ClientStorage-1)  but as soon as any doc is messed with,
the absolute_url for that doc will (again) point to the object on
ClientStorage-2.

Curiosity(2):
Now, add to this a VHM in the root (we are also virtual hosting multiple
sites from this setup) with a mapping for www.bla.bla.gov/blaFolder.
Everything works as advertised until I hit the ZCatalog result set
again.  The absolute_url Metadata in the catalog does not reflect the
mapping set up in the VHM.  It exposes the IP address and logical path
to the object.

I have scoured both pipermail  and NIP archives with no success.  The
docs tell me the VHM and absolute_url are suppose to play nice and they
do until I get to ZCatalog.  The docs don't say anything regarding
ZEO/ZCatalog interaction.  Anyone seen or dealt with this scenario
before???

Thanks in advance for any insight...

Eric