[Zope] renaming ids

Colyn Brown cbrown@ep.newtimes.com
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 12:51:01 -0700

Hello,

I'm having trouble finding a solution to the following problem (which is why
I just recently signed up on this list). I created a product that allows
users to add calendar events. The ids that are generated are created by
converting the event date (EX: Wednesday, March 28, 2002) into a date type
(2002-03-28). Adding events works excellent. However, I want the user to be
able to edit the event including the event date. So that when they change
the event date, the id should change with it. Well, I tried using
manage_renameObjects in a variety of forms with a variety of errors. My
current solution after a lot of frustration, is to just delete the object,
then create a new object with the new id. I'm not satisfied with this
solution.  At last attempt to use renameObjects, I used this:

<dtml-call "manage_renameObjects(oldId, newId)">

Which gave me:
ERROR TYPE: AttributeError
ERROR VALUE: 3

I've tried searching all the zope sites and haven't found anything that
works. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Colyn Brown
Web Producer
Phoenix New Times