[Zope] Squid, SQLSession and caching

Schmidt, Allen J. aschmidt@nv.cc.va.us
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 10:34:38 -0400

Thanks.

I probably is a squid thing. I failed to mention we are on ZEO with a bunch
of clients and have squid setup with a redirector so a hit on our dotcom
name will jump to one of the clients for the request (www1.dotcom,
www2.dotcom, etc.). We are thinking now that maybe the cookie that
SQLSession sets is setting itself with the www1.dotcom domain name and
subsequent requests may or may not be resolved by that original (sub)domain.

I found a ZEO client that is NOT behind squid and its redir and it functions
as is expected.

So, more clues but no real solution yet. It will work for some users but for
general site browsing where we want to add session stuff, something else
will have to be worked out.

Allen

-----Original Message-----
From: Maik Jablonski [mailto:maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 10:22 AM
To: Schmidt, Allen J.
Cc: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Squid, SQLSession and caching

On Tue, 09 Apr 2002 10:04:30 -0400 "Schmidt, Allen J."
<aschmidt@nv.cc.va.us>
wrote:

> A hard refresh (IE5.5)
> will set it back but another refresh does it again! Back and forth.
> Sometimes it will hold for a few links (to generate views from ZSQL
methods)
> and then switch back again.

> Too much? Not enough detail? Could it just be a Squid-induced thing?

hi,

maybe it's a squid-problem... snip from squid.conf says:

#  TAG: ie_refresh	on|off
#	Microsoft Internet Explorer up until version 5.5 Service
#	Pack 1 has an issue with transparent proxies, wherein it
#	is impossible to force a refresh.

greetings, maik.

--
 maik jablonski                  http://www.sachunterricht-online.de