[Zope] Zope and IIS

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Tue, 09 Apr 2002 18:09:11 +0200

Igor Leturia wrote:

>   I'm quite desperate, I need this urgently! It's not just that the
>':8080' makes the adress ugly, it's also that the website cannot be
>accessed from many companies where they've got a firewall that blocks
>access to the outside from any port different to 80.
>
>  I've also heard something about 'rewrite rules', 'virtual host
>monsters', 'redirections', but I know nothing about them.

The bets cure for your blues is "Apache" It is much better at
integrating webservers from all over the place than IIS.

You need to install Apcahe on port 80, Zope on port 8080 and move IIS to
port 81

Then you can talk to both your Zope and IIS through the Apache at port
80 using rewrite rules. From the outside alle three servers will seem
like one. A dedicated webserver with 256 MB of ram should handle it
nicely. 128 MB might be enough.

I have is set up and it's not that difficult.

regards Max M