[Zope] PUT method & get property of parent folder

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 21:55:31 +0200

Marcus Schopen writes:
 > how and where can I test in the PUT method, if a property called "TIDY" (boolean) is set in the
 > parent folder the new instance of xyz will created in?
 >
 > Class xyz(DTMLDocument):
 >     [...]
 >     def PUT(self, REQUEST, RESPONSE):
 >         """Handle HTTP PUT requests."""
 >         self.dav__init(REQUEST, RESPONSE)
 >         self.dav__simpleifhandler(REQUEST, RESPONSE, refresh=1)
 >         body=REQUEST.get('BODY', '')
 >         self._validateProxy(REQUEST)
 >         self.munge(body)
 >         self.ZCacheable_invalidate()
 >         RESPONSE.setStatus(204)
 >         return RESPONSE
You use "getProperty" to check for a property of an object
(--> Zope online help -> Zope Help -> API reference -> Object manager).

You use method "aq_parent" (or "aq_inner" followed by "aq_parent") to
access the parent.

To understand, where you are, and how many "aq_parent" you need to
use, you can use Shane's "showaq" method (--> list archives).

Dieter