[Zope] SSL

Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:13:55 +0100

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:20:09 -0700, "D.Rick Anderson"
<ruger@comnett.net> wrote:

>What is the best method for implementing SSL for Zope on RedHat 7.1? =
I've=20
>tried the Apache front-end thing and it works for our local network but =
the=20
>web server is behind a firewall and something about portforwarding keeps=
 it=20
>from working through the firewall.

Apache and zope are both behind the firewall? you will need to open
the https port on the firewall, no matter what provides the ssl layer.

> Isn't there some product that you can=20
>simply install into Zope that gives you SSL capability? I looked into =
MCrypto=20
>but it wouldn't compile correctly on this box.

Apache provides alot of other advantages over a naked ZServer. Since
you already have it working, I suggest you stick with apache.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com