[Zope] PHP Nuke

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:01:26 -0600

The answer is yes. If you someone is compelled enough to do it, just
about anything could be integrated. COBOL scripting? sure. LOGO style
turtle graphics TTW? why not. Running Zope on the Sinclair 99? probably
not ;^).

I think the key is that there is only one compelling reason I can think
of to do this: That one knows more about PHP than Zope and oddly enough
wants to use Zope as their server platform.

I would argue though that it would take longer to actually integrate PHP
Nuke in any meaningful way, than to learn Zope and develop a solution
native to it.

The best way I can think of to "integrate" these easily is to simply
serve both of them through a single Apache. Part of the site would be
PHP Nuke and the other would be Zope. Now that's only one degree of
integration to be sure, but it would be easy to achieve.

-Casey