[Zope] redirect page with variables

hans hans@beehive.de
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:47:33 +0100

Horvath Adam wrote:

> Hi
>
> >From a form I have a lot of form variabes in the REQUEST
> object. The form processing method modify this form
> variables and set some new one in the REQUEST object.
> After it I'd like to redirect page with this modified
> variables.
> Can I append REQUEST variables to this command?
> <dtml-call "REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect(pagename)">
> Or I have to append to pagename the name and
> value of the variables one after the other?

i'm unsure, what you really want.
redirect is something happening on the server while preparing to
answer a browser request. with <dtml-call
"REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect(pagename)">
a redirect response is sent to the browser,
which then will then request the new url from the server.
http beeing stateless, all a redirect forgets all infos
except when you use session tracking.
keeping info after a redirect is pointless.

if misunderstood, rephrase please.

hans
Who's got only a hammer sees the world as a nail
hans augustin  (software developer)           hans@beehive.de
beehive elektronische medien GmbH       http://www.beehive.de
phone: +49 30 847-82 0                  fax: +49 30 847-82 299