[Zope] Zope crashing - updating Python 2.1.3

Sion Morris s.morris@bangor.ac.uk
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 17:43:24 +0000

Hi,

For a while Zope has been crashing frequently. I have attempted to solve
the crashing by following the suggestions offered by Matthew Kromer on
ZopeNewbies at

http://www.zopenewbies.net/1012338535/index_html
(Run single threaded, updating ZMySQLDA, change Script_magic constant,
set environment variable ZOPE_SECURITY_POLICY, applying a patch,
updating Zope to 2.5.1b1.)

None of the suggestions made a difference :-(

On Zope newbies today I saw this:
"While the most recent release of Python is 2.2, there are a couple of
bugs that have come up since 2.1.2 was released, in particular one bug
that caused Zope to crash." Hooray...

But the binary distribution of Zope 2.5.1b1, which I have installed,
comes with Python 2.1.2. How do I update this Python to 2.1.3?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Sion