[Zope] Zope FTP Hang File List Problem

hpinson@indepthl.com hpinson@indepthl.com
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:32:54 -0600

Hi Dieter.  Yes, we have tried both passive and non passive FTP.  In either
case, according to the Z2.log we get enter Zope successfully, but the
session appears to hang on the FTP "LIST" command.  No files or
directories are visible.

Several folks have pointed to NAT problems, but why this problem would
only show up only at the "LIST" request does not make sense to me.

Here's the whole Z2.log entry:

==> 220  FTP server (Medusa Async V1.18 [experimental]) ready.
<== USER *****
==> 331 Password required.
<== PASS <password>
==> 230 Login successful.
<== PWD
==> 257 "/" is the current directory.
<== SYST
==> 215 UNIX Type: L8
<== PORT 10,0,0,6,4,13
==> 200 PORT command successful.
<== LIST
==> 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list

... Session hangs and will not list directories or files.

Harlow Pinson
Indepth Learning
Email: hpinson@indepthl.com
Web: http://www.indepthl.com