[Zope] Connecting to an Access database

Wendy Langer wlanger@bigpond.net.au
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 11:48:15 +1000

Hi there,

I am trying to connect to an MSAccess database. I have downloaded and
installed the zodbca database adaptor, and I am able to select "ZODBC
databse connection" from the ADD list.

I have created an Access database in zope_home/Access_dbs called "test.mdb"

However I do not know what to put for a connection string...

What should the "data source name" be? I tried using the pathname to the
databse, ie "C:\Program Files\WendyZopePlay\Access_dbs\test.mdb" -  however
this generates an "Invalid connection String" Error. I do not think that the
database needs a password, or at least I wasn't asked about one when I
created it, so would I just leave "username" and "password" blank?

zope seems to just "know" where the gadfly databases are kept, ie in
/var/gadfly, but how would I tell it where other databases are?

Could anyone let me know or direct me to some documentation?

Thank you :)

Wendy Langer
ICQ#: 71726799
More ways to contact me: http://wwp.icq.com/71726799