[Zope] Replicating ZSyncer

Dianne Van Dulken Dianne.VanDulken@team.ozemail.com.au
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:53:10 +1000

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had ever replicated ZSyncer in their site.

The problem I am having is that I have several portals on one Zope server.
I want the managers of one portal to only be able to Sync the information
for that portal (actually, only the content information, not the actual
procedures too).  However, whenever I use ZSyncer, it shows all the portals.

I had a look at the ZSyncer python script, but can't really work out how to
replicate the display of the items to be synced.  I'm, alas, not that well
versed in python (I'm working on it), and the bits that I have copied from
it just die horribly, right at the start when I am calling globals.

Has anyone done this, and can you then give me a starting point?  I really
just need to know where to start.

Thanks!

Di