[Zope] Re: [cadaver] Trouble forwarding Zope's WebDAV source port

Joe Orton joe@manyfish.co.uk
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 22:47:23 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 05:44:37PM +0200, Jean Jordaan wrote:
> When I open a local Zope instance's WebDAV source port using
> Cadaver, it works fine::

The infinite loop was due to a bug in old versions of cadaver: I suggest
you upgrade to 0.19.1.

> However, when I try to forward a remote instance's WebDAV source
> port via ssh, I get the following behaviour::
>
>  jean@blommie lib $ ssh -l jean -L 8888:remote.co.za:8800 remote.co.za
>  jean@remote.co.za's password:
>  Last login: Mon Apr 15 16:30:44 2002 from local.co.za
>  [jean@diepdink jean]$
>  [jean@diepdink jean]$ channel 2: open failed: connect failed: Connection
> refused
>  [... for ever ...]

AFAIK this simply means that the ssh process running on the remote
machine couldn't connect to remote.co.za on port 8800: running

 $ telnet remote.co.za 8800

from the ssh session should give the same results? (if so, is the server
running, etc etc)

Regards,

joe