[Zope] Newbie Question - starting up Zope

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:17:06 -0400

[Roger Fisher]

> I have installed Zope on an older Win95 laptop with the hope of being able
> to do offline "in the field" demonstrations of some work.  This
installation
> will startup correctly if I have an active connection to the Internet,
> however the Zope server does not start properly if there is no active
> connection.  I have disabled the firewall with same results.  Any
> suggestions emailed directly are greatly appreciated.

It's not a Zope problem per se.  I think that Windows 95 does not load the
internet protocol stack at all if you don't have a connection, so there is
nothing for Zope (or any other server) to connect to.  I don't have that
problem anymore, but I remember having had it.

I think (and it's been so long that I don't quite remember) that if you set
up another internet connection - a LAN type, not a dialup type - and set
your internet options not to require connecting via the dialup, then it will
work even if you are not actually connected.  Also I would make sure you
don't require a network login for booting Windows.

Cheers,

Tom P