[Zope] Installing PIL WAS: TIFF files

hans hans@beehive.de
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:28:45 +0100

Michael Montagne wrote:

> I'm having trouble using the photo product and importing .tif files.
> I'm using the PIL option, ImageMagick gives me a broken pipe error.
> .jpg works great but .tif gives me no image. It appears to work but
> there is no image when complete.  I'm not sure I have access to the PIL
> on my hard drive (using windows, Zope2.3.3) How can I integrate PIL into
> Zope?  If I don't get an error when I try to use PIL in photo, does that
> mean that it IS integrated already?  I run zope as a service and I'm not
> sure how to tell how I called z2.py.

into <zoperoot>/bin
copy
   _imaging.pyd
   _imagingtk.pyd # probably only for unix systems
   PIL.pth
   PIL # directoriy

unsure, whether PIL.pth is required, gives an aside to pythons search path

in your modules, something like
try:
    import PIL
    pil_present = 1
except:
    pil_present = 0
Who's got only a hammer sees the world as a nail
hans augustin  (software developer)           hans@beehive.de
beehive elektronische medien GmbH       http://www.beehive.de
phone: +49 30 847-82 0                  fax: +49 30 847-82 299