[Zope] TALESError Message

Thomas Guettler zopestoller@thomas-guettler.de
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:35:00 +0200

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Thomas Guettler writes:
>  > Is there a way to make TALESError Messages more verbose?
>  > Would be nice to have a line number and a more descriptive text than
>  > "TALESError".
> Someone else already pointed out that newer ZPT versions are already
> better.
>
> Shane was working on another big improvement. It may already be
> available via CVS. I expect really good tracebacks...

Yes, this would be realy good. I tried 2.5.1b2 today, but the tracebacks
of PageTemplates are still bad. Most of the time I use python-methods now:

ret=[]
ret.append('<html>...')
ret.append('</html>')
return string.join(ret)

But sometimes it is better to have something like ZPT.
BTW, I think ZPT are overkill I use only

  thomas