[Zope] Zope magazine - The spirit of the community

Paul Everitt paul@zope.com
18 Apr 2002 14:03:21 -0400

Yep, Seb summed up my position nicely as well.  It's going to take a lot
of different kinds of efforts to grow Zope.  The next round of adopters
might not look like the rest of us, nor be motivated in the same way.  A
professional, for-fee guide and magazine might be just the ticket for
them.

I personally appreciate the variety of things that Mark is doing.  And
if the primary beneficiary of this is Beehive, it's ok by me.  That kind
of goal alignment is good.  As Mark noted, he forked out some pretty
serious bucks both last year and this year to send a ZC person to his
BBQ.  Kudos, Mark.

There's another point as well.  For those of you that think this should
be done as part of the community and for free...well, I don't see much
activity in our rejuvenated effort to get a new zope.org going.  There's
around four of us doing most of the work on the zope-web mailing list.
We occassionally put out calls for participation, but it's still the
four of us.

We're entering a critical time.  Something will happen in the next few
weeks.  If you *really* think that the community can also perform on
non-programming tasks, here's your chance to prove it.

Come join the zope-web mailing list.  I'm working this thing full time
right now and I can *definately* keep you busy.  But please, you have to
bring time as well as opinions.

--Paul