[Zope] Trouble Creating Instance of Custom Product Programmatically

Dan Shafer pydan@danshafer.com
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 17:41:15 -0700

I thought I had understood the instructions at Zope.org but I'm doing
something wrong.

I have a custom Zope Product called PI_Clearing. It has several ZClasses in
it, including one called Clearing. I want to set up a Web fom with which
the user creates a new instance of a Clearing object. Following what I
understand of the directions, I have this DTML method called startClearing:

dtml-call "REQUEST.set('id', 'New Clearing')
dtml-with "manage_addProduct['Clearing']"
  dtml-call "Clearing_add"
/dtml-with

(Angle brackets removed.)

But nothing ever gets created. Clearing_add is the default add method
created when I defined the Product and the Class. I've tried adding a
dtml-call to set the ID of the object before calling the Clearing_add
process. No luck.

I get no error messages or anything, just no results.

What am I not understanding?