[Zope] Re: Re. Zope Users and Roles

Felipe E. Barousse B. fbarousse@piensa.com
19 Apr 2002 00:34:41 -0500

--=-cWd5Ln53qxI32UHrKbhw

Guess you misunderstood.=20

You CAN create the role, in this case "db_user" at the level you want to
have control of the user's access (as in "test" in your example) OR, in
any level above that object "test", such as root level. You did it at
root level , that is OK.=20

Then, AT THE LEVEL WHERE YOU  CREATED THE ROLE, "test" or "root" level
as propper, get into the security tab and check the following permissios
for the role "db_user":=20

Access contents informations=20
Use Database Methods=20
View=20

Optionally uncheck the same permissions for the Anonymous role -at that
level in case don't want/need public access to that object.=20

Well, guess this clarifies the issue.

Felipe Barousse
Bufete Consultor de Mexico - Piensa Technologies.
www.piensa.com

>Message: 19=20
>Subject: Re: [Zope] Re: Zope Users and Roles=20
>From: Juan Pablo Romero <jpablo@perl.ajusco.upn.mx>=20
>To: zope@zope.org
>Date: 18 Apr 2002 14:44:31 -0500=20
>=20
>Hi=20
>=20
>As you said, I added the role 'db_user' at root level.=20
>=20
>Now, where do I get the secury tab *for the db_user role*?=20
>=20
>I mean, I have tabs for all zope objects, such as folders, files, etc.,
>but not for a role.=20
>=20
>=20
>  Juan Pablo