[Zope] Not enough space to pack data.fs

Roel Van den Bergh roel@planetinterior.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 11:23:23 +0200

While developing a site with loads of content Data.fs is about 600 MB now
Packing the database on w2k is no problem.

Now we are trying to publish the site on our brand new linux server.
Everything works fine now, but when I try to pack after a few adjustments,
the server tells me he has run out of storage space and will not pack the
database.
When I check Zope/var there is a Data.fs.pack file but no Data.fs.old as
there should be after packing.

Being it a new server whith nothing on it but Apache and Zope there should
be enough storagespace left.

Any hints?
TIA, Roel

BTW We will reach the 2GB Limit of Zope soon, can we work around this with
MountedFileStorage or ZEO on one server?