[Zope] Re: Problem in the code, XUFTOOLS

Harry Wilkinson harryw@nipltd.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 13:10:14 +0100

On Friday 19 April 2002 12:54 pm, Heimo Laukkanen wrote:
> Harry Wilkinson wrote:
> > I see what you mean about the properties mapping I think, Heimo.  Does it
> > cause a problem?
> >
> > Changing the value to a string is probably not a good idea if you want to
> > store more complex data structures in a property, but for most uses it
> > shouldn't make much difference, if any.  XUF pickles everything anyway
> > before storing it I think, or at least with the SQL propsources it does.
>
> Yep. I noticed. That bad hack was needed to correct atleast for now
> the unpickable errors that came, when I tried to use XUF Tools. I
> havenät yet studied that really further, but I believe the problem is
> that in XUFTools you put the whole mapping into properties -- hence
> causing also not pickable object to go into pickle and causing the error.
>
> So mapping it to a string is just a quick hack to help me get by until
> I or you can see it corrected for real. You haven't had any problems
> like what I just described?
>
> -huima

No, it's worked fine for me when I've used it, but that was quite a while
ago.  I wrote XUFTools for one particular app I was writing that was
CMF-based and needed SQL-based membership.  The situation with it is pretty
much "it works for me", which means I wrote it for my own benefit and thought
maybe other people might have a need for the same thing.  It's not maintained
really, so if you have a slightly different need to me, feel free to mess
with the code and make it work :)  If you make any big improvements, by all
means drop me an email and I'll add them ;)

Harry