[Zope] student folders

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:40:15 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Bill Kerr wrote:

> Jerome Alet wrote:-
>
> > define all your students at the level above, with no roles, then give them
> > different local roles (security tab) on the different sub-folders.
>
>  thanks
>  I've set that up as you suggest, but I called the "no roles" role
> readAndCopy
>  basically I copied Anonymous permissions but added in 'View Management
> Screen'
>  it sort of works but one concern is that students can see and look inside
> each others folders (but can't change the contents of each others folders)
>  how could I set it up so they can't see each others folders?

Just like I said : give them no role except where they absolutely need a
role.

You may be forced to rethink your folder hierarchy maybe.

hth

Jerome Alet - alet@unice.fr - http://cortex.unice.fr/~jerome
Fac de Medecine de Nice        http://wwwmed.unice.fr
Tel: (+33) 4 93 37 76 30     Fax: (+33) 4 93 53 15 15
28 Avenue de Valombrose - 06107 NICE Cedex 2 - FRANCE