[Zope] What is the Best Way to Include CSS Stylesheets in Zope

RobertA.Klahn RobertA.Klahn
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 09:40:19 -0700

Here is what I do, in page templates. I dont know if this is "best", but I know its working for me. I presume there is a similar way to do this in a DTML Method/Document.

I have a stylesheet in my root folder, in this case called "style_sheet.css", and I refer to it via the following link statement:

    <link rel="stylesheet" href="" type="text/css"
          media="screen,print"
          tal:attributes="href python:path('here/style_sheet.css').absolute_url()">

What this gives me is the ability to override the stylesheet on a particular set of pages by having a "style_sheet.css" in the subfolder that those pages are in, without changing my page templates. This link statement is in a METAL macro that each page calls to get their header, so I actualy only have this link statement in one place.

Hope this helps.....

Bob.

--
Robert A. Klahn
robert_a_klahn@fastmail.fm  <======== New Email address

"Hope has two beautiful daughters: Anger and Courage. Anger at the way
things are, and Courage to struggle to create things as they should be." -
St. Augustine