[Zope] problem with "old" dates

John Schinnerer johnschinnerer@yahoo.com
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 22:12:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hello again,

More info from my side of this question:

I just tried to repro this problem on the 'live site' gallery search -
took one date back to the offending 1957 even - it works there, no
error.

Only difference I am aware of is that my dev box is Win98, and my host
machine is Debian linux.  Both running Zope 2.4.1.  Relevant code in
DateTime.py (safegmtime) is identical in both systems.
Looks like the crucial code is:

try:
     t_int = int(t)
except OverflowError:

...which raises an exception in Win98 but not linux on "old" dates.

Can anyone confirm/explain this call failing in Win on year-dates that
work in linux (beyond just Win-bashing, that is... ;-)??

thx,
John S.