[Zope] Re: ParsedXML tree-widget

Karl Anderson kra@monkey.org
23 Apr 2002 13:37:23 -0700

Dennis Allison <allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU> writes:

> Just wanted to follow up on the ParsedXML queries that were posted
> earlier.  My problem was getting the dtml-tree widget to not show all the
> nodes in the DOM-tree.  I ended up with a brain surgery solution which
> hacked tpValues so it wouldn't consider non-XML-ish nodes as acceptable
> children.  (and there was also an associated namespace problem...)
>
> Well, it looks like that was the wrong solution.  Apparently, the various
> nodes in the DOM have a nodeType and the nodes I wanted to display have a
> nodeType on 1.  :-(
>
> It would have been helpful had there been some documentation separate from
> the implemenation on the storage model, what aspects were maintained, and
> how XML is mapped onto the DOM tree.

I thought that I documented this pretty well.  If you had trouble
finding this frome the Parsed XML documetation, it's a bug that should
be filed.

NodeType is a DOM implementation feature, which is described by the
W3C docs and linked to in several help screens.  There is also
discussion on the Parsed XML & Zope XML wikis, linked to by the docs.
The DOM interfaces that Parsed XML implements are listed in the Parsed
XML docs, and any deviations from this list are also bugs that should
be filed.

--
Karl Anderson      kra@monkey.org           http://www.monkey.org/~kra/