[Zope] Advice for performance checking/tuning

Hannu Krosing hannu@tm.ee
24 Apr 2002 09:41:25 +0200

Hi

We are investigating use of Zope for a portal that will have
about ~500.000 users.

However our test shows that zope is only capable of delivering
about 4 request/sec of medium complexity page on dual PIII 833
which seems way too low.

We did our tests to straight Zope 2.3.4 (no apache or squid in
front of it). Even when told to use 10 thread only 4 were active
in top (others were there but were idle) and load average was
never over 30%.

Where/what should I start investigating ?

Where do I find some docs on what makes zope extremely slow (I
have found that <dtml-if xxx> where xxx is missing or overly
complex authorization schemes can do it, but what else) ?

Hannu