[Zope] Problem in ZOPE-MySQL connectivity..dll mismatch problem

dman dman@dman.ddts.net
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:33:13 -0500

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 04:19:43PM +0530, Surajit Sengupta wrote:
| Hello,
|     I'm using ZOPE Version 2.0, which is using the Python 2.1.2. Now
|     I want to make a connectivity of ZOPE with MySQL.
|     I'm using in Windows 2000 platform
|   1.. Downloaded the Python-MySQL Interface(Version 0.9.0) [MySQLdb]
|   2.. Downloaded the ZOPE MySQL database Adapter (Version 2.0.8) [ZMySQLD=
A]
|   3..  Built MySQLdb(0.9.0)
|   4.. Installed MySQLdb(0.9.0)
|   5.. Inflated ZMySQLDA in required directory
| =20
| ***Problems found : dll version mismatch
| After running the ZOPE server: Following errors are generated
|=20
| 2002-04-23T06:49:32 ERROR(200) Zope Could not import Products.MySQLdb
|=20
| Traceback (innermost last):
|   File C:\PROGRA~1\Zope\lib\python\OFS\Application.py, line 531, in impor=
t_product
|   File MySQLdb\__init__.py, line 27, in ?
|=20
| ImportError: Module use of python20.dll conflicts with this version of Py=
thon.

You have installed a MySQLdb that was compiled with python 2.0 and you
are trying to use it with python 2.1.  As you've seen, that doesn't
work.

| I don't know what to do

You need to install a version of the extension module that was
compiled against the same version of python that you are using.

| Help required

Either search the web for a ready-made binary or go buy MSVC and
compile it yourself.

Alternatively install the MySQL ODBC driver and use the Zope ODBC
product instead.

HTH,
-D

--=20

Q: What is the difference betwee open-source and commercial software?
A: If you have a problem with commercial software you can call a phone
   number and they will tell you it might be solved in a future version.
   For open-source sofware there isn't a phone number to call, but you
   get the solution within a day.