[Zope] Problem with "redirect" and Proxy

sbergmann@weblog.de sbergmann@weblog.de
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:37:10 +0200

Hi!

I have the following problem:

To serve my site in multiple languages and not to copy the whole
page, I want to use a SESSION-Variable. The variable saves the
choosen language so I can use it in the whole page. To change the
language I'm setting the variable with the new language and I'm
making a redirect to the page with "RESPONSE.redirect()". Now the
problem is that when there is a Proxy between, the page is served
from the proxy without changing the language. The proxie uses the
cached page in the old language. When I use the Refresh-Button of the
Browser the changing of the language takes effect. Without a proxy it
works fine. Does somebody know a possibility to make a refresh to the
page to get the content really new from the server and not from the
proxie?

Bye

Steffen