[Zope] FTP Hang after PWD (desperate)

dman dman@dman.ddts.net
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:44:12 -0500

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 11:48:48AM +0200, Roel Van den Bergh wrote:
| Problem: FTP client hangs after issueing PWD command.
|=20
| We are behind a firewall and the Zope server is behind a firewall
| I have access to ours but the people who are hosting the server are not v=
ery
| cooperative :-(
|=20
|=20
| Searching the message list I find this is due to a NAT problem
|=20
| For testing purposes I allowed every incoming port from the external serv=
er
| to go trough every port here wich I'm not very happy with.
| Still the ftp connection hangs.
|=20
| Does the Zope FTP server uses other ports then the initialy set 8021 port=
| communicate?

Yes.  Every FTP connection uses two ports.

| The ftp client is set to passive mode.

Set it to active mode (this will work because you opened your whole
firewall).  In passive mode the client must be able to open the second
connection to the server.  In active ("normal") mode the server opens
the connection to the client.  This is why at least one of the systems
must not be behind a firewall.

| Running Zope 2.5.1 on RedHat 7.0 with Apache 1.312
|=20
| Every tip would be very much appreciated

Can you use HTTP or WebDAV?  They don't require that nasty second
port.

-D

--=20

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us,
that we should be called children of God!
        1 John 3:1=20
=20

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu--