[Zope] ~homepages in Zope

Laurie Nason lnason@bcm.tmc.edu
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:34:52 -0500

OK - I am not going to be running apache, so what I would like to do is to
catch the URL somehow with a ~ in it and then rewrite inside Zope to the
appropriate home page.

I thought of 2 ways of doing it, one being to try and use the Set Access
Rule - but I don't think that it does what I want. The other way I thought
of doing it was to trap the error in standard_error_message

Thanks for the advice so far, unfortunately we don't have apache running,
and I can't have the users folders in the root of the website.

Laurie

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of dman
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 3:16 PM
To: Zope
Subject: Re: [Zope] ~homepages in Zope

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 02:49:50PM -0500, Laurie Nason wrote:
| Hi all,
|
| Due to a problem involving a hacker and our web server, we are going to be
| moving all of our users from Apache (~username) home pages into Zope - but
| the problem is, how do I redirect any entries from the original ~username
| the new location, homes/username.

I think that if you create folders in zope with names like /~username
it would work transparently.

The other possibility is to setup redirects for paths like that.

| Anyone done this before.

No I haven't, but I've thought about doing it.  I also need to find a
way to handle old-school CGI scripts.  (it's not a pressing need so
I've put it off for now)

-D

--

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you
rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and