[Zope] VHM and ProxyPass

Jorge O. Martinez jmartinez@emediamillworks.com
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:15:46 -0400

Matt:

Being a newbie myself, and having successfully done it recently, maybe I
can give you some pointers...

a) Make sure your domains are resolving properly. Simple as it seems,
this may be a problem.

b) Follow this howto:

http://www.zope.org/Members/andy/raqHosting

I followed the howto, and only changed my rewrite rule to something like
this:

(please note it is all in one line, but had to break it 'cause it's too
long)

RewriteRule ^/(.*) \
http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/foo.com:80/VirtualHostRoot\
/VirtualHostMonster/http/foo.com/$1 [L,P]

Though it's a one line rewrite, the VHM learns several things from it,
first, when it sees the VirtualHostBase, it knows it has to serve
content for a virtual host (foo.com) in port 80, and then, when it sees
the VirtualHostRoot, you are telling it where is the root in Zope for
that virtual host. That's what I used, and it works...

For the proxy, I only had to uncomment a couple of lines, like this:

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
   ProxyRequests On
   ProxyVia On
</IfModule>