[Zope] quick test - can current user execute method?

A M Thomas am@virtueofthesmall.com
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:26:39 -0400

Hi all,

In a product's Python script method, I'd like to be able to do a quick
test to see whether the current user can execute a particular management
script, without hard-coding into the script what role(s) the script
requires.  Is there an easy way to do this?  Or a hard way?

I've read what I could in my two books and looked in the "Zope
Cookbook", as well as in the mailing list archives and searched zope.org
- it seems like a basic enough piece of functionality, and it's probably
staring me in the face, but I can't see it.

Thank you very much,
Am