[Zope] add instance of ZClass as authenticated user

John Hunter jdhunter@ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 20:57:51 -0500

    Dieter> Did you map the "Add ProjectSubmission" permission
    Dieter> correctly?

I have tried 'View' and 'Add ProjectSubmissions', but get the same
error.

I think it is a path/acquisition error rather than an
ownership/security issue because even if I try to use the add form

  http://somehost.com/some_folder/ProjectSubmission_addForm

as a manager/owner in 'some_folder' I get the same problem.  Further,
if I call the add form from the manager interface, I can successfully
add the class instance. So I think it has something to do with the
context variable in python not seeing the ProjectSubmission class/

The ProjectSubmission_addForm and ProjectSubmission_add_py are
located at
  http://somehost.com/Control_Panel/Products/Course/ProjectSubmission_addForm
  http://somehost.com/Control_Panel/Products/Course/ProjectSubmission_add_py

and the error is occurring in the following line of
ProjectSubmission_add_py:

  submission = context.ProjectSubmission.createInObjectManager(pid, REQUEST)

What it looks like to me is that the Course Product (which contains
ProjectSubmission) is not acquired by the 'context' of
validated (or manager/owner) users at the some_folder level (eg, users
residing in a acl_users folder in some_folder).

    Dieter> You may also remap the "Create class instance" permission
    Dieter> in the ZClass's "Define permissions" tab.

I have tried various permutations (eg, associating 'Access Contents
Information' with 'Create Class instance' in the ProjectSubmissions
'Define Permissions' tab, always with the same result and error
described in the OP.

Any more suggestions will be much appreciated,
John Hunter