[Zope] no users can sign in!!!

Marius Gedminas marius@codeworks.lt
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 13:04:41 +0200

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 05:31:44AM -0400, Roderick Silva wrote:
>    HELP! I am stuck. I can only sign in with my emergency superuser account.
>    I create new users and can not sign in. This has happened on my Windows
>    test system (I uninstalled and reinstalled) and on my production FreeBDS
>    system.

I had the same problem: on one machine normal logins suddenly just
stopped working (emergency user was fine).  Changing the passwords
didn't help.  It was zope 2.5.0 from a Debian package.

I'm not sure what was being done with Zope at that moment, a colleague
was working with that matchine at the moment).  Nuking the database
(/var/lib/zope/var/Data.fs) helped (thankfully there wasn't anything
important there.

> Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

I would also like to hear some alternatives.

Marius Gedminas
--
Writing like a l33t script kiddie hax0r is the absolute kiss of death and
guarantees you will receive nothing but stony silence (or, at best, a heaping