[Zope] Zope/Python - DBF files

Ed Leafe ed@leafe.com
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 07:47:42 -0400

On Thursday, August 1, 2002, at 05:15  AM, Chris Withers wrote:

>> I have to read/write dbf files from a Zope application until all the
>> data will be move to a database like MySQL. Anyone know a module or a
>> library I can wrap to do the work?
>
> This'll read it:
>
> http://www.fiby.at/dbfpy/
>
> ...as long as you don't have any memo fields...

	Also, DBFs are not necessarily DBFs. There are various versions out
there, and some have made structural changes that make them unreadable
by standard DBF access methods. Visual FoxPro has greatly expanded the
old-style DBF from standalone tables to a full database/table
relationship. If your data is in one of these newer formats, you'll
probably have to export it to be able to use it.

      ___/
     /
    __/
   /