[Zope] ZServer uncaptured python exception

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 12:22:55 -0400

> Evidently, I have the wrong perception about Zope Corporation. My
> impression was that Zope was the "Next Linux" and, although
started by
> enthusiasts, now was a fully developed, commercial grade,
application.
> I was in process of convincing some of my large organization
customers
> that Zope was a viable alternative to IBM or Documentum, for
content
> management. My opinions were reinforced by the fact that Zope
provides
> Service Support Agreements and offer training classes on a tune of
> $2,500/person.

Please note that Chris Withers (to whom you are responding) does not
work for Zope Corporation.

> Hopefully, you are aware that any mature product in the industry
has to
> have a bug reporting mechanism. The bugs need not to be fixed
instantly
> - just their submittal acknowledged.  A work around is an
acceptable
> alternative, especially when is delivered by an engineer with a
clear
> judgment. To shutdown the site for an hour or to reduce the usage
of the
> product to some feature is, alas, not an acceptable solution.

The bug reporting mechanism for Zope exists at
http://collector.zope.org.

> If it matters, I am using Python 1.5.2 on sunos5.

I saw that you said you used a patched version of FTPServer.py
created by me... where did you obtain this from?  cvs.zope.org?  Or
from an attachment to a post on the maillist?  Did you use this
version because it was claimed that it fixes a bug similar to the
one that you're currently seeing?

Thanks,

- C