[Zope] session within standard_error_message

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 22:23:44 +0200

KevinL writes:
 > Can you set values inside the session object from within
 > standard_error_message?  I note that doing a request.RESPONSE.redirect
 > requires a "lock=1" arg, I'm wondering if session variable setting
 > suffers similar problems or not.
I am not sure, but I fear you cannot modify the session in
"standard_error_message". My reasoning:

   The transaction has already been aborted (and no new one started)
   when "standard_error_message" is executed.

   I do not know what happens when you write to the ZODB
   (and especially a session) in this state. I would expect
   that the modification is non-deterministic: it may or may
   not be written to the ZODB; it may or may not be seen by
   subsequent requests. A very bad situation...

Dieter