[Zope] ZClass proxy roles - don't work?

Wade Leftwich wade@lightlink.com
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:58:08 -0400

I have a Product that contains several nested ZClasses. I'm trying to allow
an anonymous user (actually a Xron object) to call a method on an inner class
that will modify some object attributes. I have given the method a proxy role
of Manager, but calling it still raises a login prompt. If I don't log in, I
get 'not authorized to manage_changeProperties'.

Any advice appreciated.

(Anticipating one form of advice; yes, I really wish I had written the thing
as a Python Product, and I'm trying to rewrite it properly in my Copious Free
Time, and I'm never going to put a ZClass in production again.)

Thanks --

Wade Leftwich
Ithaca, NY