[Zope] VirtualHostMonster Logging Question

hpinson@indepthl.com hpinson@indepthl.com
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:48:41 -0600

Hi, can anyone explain how to get an enhanced VirtualHostMonster,
on a standalone Zope 2.5.1 server, to write each virtual host name
to the Z2.log, rather than just the IP or name of the server itself.

I have several virtual hosts set up using VirtualHostMonster
Mappings, this way:

www.site1.org/http/site1.org
www.site2.org/http/site2.org

Which works fine, i.e. the viewer is redirected correctly.

The Z2 log ends up looking like this, no matter which site is viewed:

nnn.nnn.nn.nnn - anonymous [16/Jul/2002:14:09:13 -0600] "GET
/http/site1.org HTTP/1.1" 302 475
"http://nnn.nnn.nn.nnn/http/nmjpec.org/" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible;
MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; Q312461)"

Where the n's are an IP number, which I want replaced with the
name of the virtual site, i.e.: www.site1.org.

What am I missing?

Harlow Pinson
Indepth Learning