[Zope] Zope Help

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 06:49:18 -0500

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 12:40:54PM +0300, Rares Vernica wrote:

> For example, I wanted to use "REQUEST.SESSION" but I don't know what
> kind of object it is, what methods does it have. Again, the same
> problem with "ZClass". On the other part I use (as I saw in an
> example) "manage_editProperties" method, where is it documented?  I
> don't like at all this BLIND PROGRAMMING! Do you?

If I search the Zope help for 'session', one of the topics returned is
titled "Session API". No idea if that's what you're looking for or
not.

The ultimate (not necessarily the best, but certainly an ever-present
option) source of documentation is in the Python sources to Zope. At
least on a Unix server, a command something like:

$ find . -type f -exec grep -il request.session {} \; | less
./Products/Sessions/dtml/manageDataManager.dtml
./Products/Transience/help/TransienceInterfaces.pyc
./Products/Transience/help/TransienceInterfaces.py

(and that's not the best find syntax, but it works) given from the
Zope lib/python directory can be helpful in tracking down
poorly-indexed documentation.

As a side note, you may find an easier time with MaxM's Easy Product
code as an alternative to ZClasses.

  http://www.zope.org/Members/maxm/HowTo/easyProduct

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu