[Zope] Zope Help

Mark McEahern marklists@mceahern.com
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 07:14:31 -0500

> you say you are still reading books and documentation. if that is so, why
> don't you finish reading the documentation? any zope book (if you are
> really reading one of them) will tell you about these things.

This is not a very helpful response, in my opinion.  I'm a relative newbie
to Zope myself and I find it difficult to locate and navigate simple API
documentation.  Yes, there's this:

  http://www.zope.org/Documentation/ZopeBook/AppendixB.stx

But please tell me how someone can quickly scratch this itch, "What are the
attributes of REQUEST.SESSION?"

Where's an index to the API reference?  Compare the usability of the above
to this:

  http://www.python.org/doc/current/modindex.html

In addition, as far as I can tell, Zope lacks the easy
interactive/introspection of Python.  Of course, I'm still learning and I
invite and encourage you to show me the error of my ways.

Cheers,

// mark

-