[Zope] Zope scripting from the console

Jorge O. Martinez jmartinez@eMediaMillWorks.com
Mon, 05 Aug 2002 13:26:47 -0400

Hi Zopistas:

I am wondering how I could write a python script that interacts with Zope from
within another script (on a Linux box). I have a Perl script that ftp Zope
through port 8021. No problem there; however, when I upload the new objects I
would like to add properties at the same time that they are being uploaded
(this will avoid my having to go TTW and do that manually afterwards, which is
time consuming and not very efficient).

To do that I think a python script could be run that adds new properties to
Zope while I am adding each object (I think something simple like a function
that takes 2 args would do, ie, the property name, and value); I would also
want to add dtml methods programmatically if needed, but I am not so sure how
to do that.

I have no problems running programs from within Perl, but what I wonder is how
I could write a python script that interacts with Zope from my console. Is that
possible? Or is it a security issue? Any ideas will be appreciated.

TIA,

Regards,

Jorge M.

--