[Zope] acquisition not working

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 19:09:42 -0500

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 10:03:50PM +0200, 3205 5361 1215 9784 wrote:

> MR> Is index_html a dtml document, or a dtml method? I think in general,
> MR> you'll want it to be a method.
>
> i tried... and works... thanks... so what is dtml document god for?:D

I suppose it's good for standalone content, or for situations where
you need an html-like object that has its own properties. That having
been said, I never use it for an index_html, and this exact problem
and solution has come up before.

I'm completely unsure why it was the default object type added when
you use 'Create public interface' (unless my memory is off). However,
it appears that in my 2.5.1 install, that the default public interface
is a Page Template.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu