[Zope] Re: Zope in intranet - the cool apps?

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
Tue, 06 Aug 2002 13:45:56 -0700

"Robert Rottermann" <robert@redcor.ch> writes:
> My bigest problem with ZWiki was to understand the ingenius ways you use
> dtml, setting values in the request and recalling the same page ...

Thank you. :) Actually I have found that to be a useful pattern and use it
a lot. It means the form is encapsulated in one (dtml-enabled) zwiki page,
which I find more convenient to edit and maintain than having a
pythonscript handler. Here's some examples -

http://zwiki.org/ZwikiAnalyzer
http://zwiki.org/UserOptions
http://zwiki.org/ZwikiAndExUserFolder
http://zwiki.org/SearchPage

I hope details of how some particular pages do their thing doesn't deter
coders from getting into zwiki hacking. Their DTML isn't pretty - it was
the simplest thing that worked - but it's localized. They can be cleaned
up any time someone gets the itch.

-Simon