[Zope] Authenticate against active directory

Jacob Behm poster@bitstream.net
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 10:20:33 -0500

Hi all,

I just joined the list yesterday so if this has been covered let me know
and I'll look in the archives.

My company has commissioned me with constructing an intranet and as we
already have a user/group database in MS Active Directory, the platform
we choose should be able to authenticate against that.  I would like to
use Zope instead of some prepackaged MS compatible product.  I've tried
several different methods including exUserFolder, LDAPUserFolder and
jcNTUserFolder.  I have been able to populate an acl_users folder with
users from my local Windows machine.  But I need Active Directory.

I've heard that it should be possible but I've never heard of anyone
actually doing it.

Has anyone successfully authenticated users against an AD system?  If
so, HOW??

Thanks for the help,

Jacob Behm,