[Zope] Re: Zope in intranet - the cool apps?

Mark Bucciarelli mark@easymailings.com
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 13:00:24 -0400

On Tuesday 06 August 2002 12:34 pm, Simon Michael wrote:
> "Robert Rottermann" <robert@redcor.ch> writes:
> > I think one of the big differences between ZWiki and CMFWiki is the
> > fact, that CMFWiki has a ZPT skin.  Are there any efforts on the way =
> > provide page templates?
> >
> > Or at least to factor out all these inline dtml pages?
>
> Hi Robert - no, I haven't had a chance to look at that and I'm not awar=
> of anyone else who has. I'd like to figure out how page templates would
> fit with zwiki. The todo list talks about
>
>  gather all into a big wiki mixin that could be mixed with ZPT, PS, etc
>
> Ie there would be variants of ZWikiPage that inherit from page template=
 or
> python script instead of DTML Document. Do you think that's how it shou=
ld
> work ?
>
> -Simon

Hi Simon,=20

I didn't find it that hard to integrate zwiki into an otherwise totally z=
pt=20
site.  The hard part as far as moving to zpt is to pull all the layout co=
de=20
(dtml statements) from the python.  For example, all the '<a href' stuff.

I think it would be better to have the python process a DTML document, an=
d=20
return some data structure (list or a dictionary) that the zpt template l=
ays=20
out.=20

For example, I wanted to save my session data by encoding each zwiki url =
using=20
the encodeUrl method.  I didn't see an easy way to do this, since the=20
existing code builds the whole '<a href=3D ...' string.  If the python re=
turned=20
a structure that my zpt formatted, I could easily modify append the sessi=
on=20
id to the url.

 I don't think it really matters that much what you use for the base clas=
s for=20
a zwiki page.  Although, using a python script doesn't seem quite right,=20
since a zwiki page is content and not function.

My 2 cents ...

Mark