[Zope] href path

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 20:05:16 +0200

Jose Gerardo Amaya Giron writes:
 > I have the following code

Apparently, this is a relative URL reference (one that does not
start with a protocol, like "http:", "file:" etc.).

The URL Reference specification requires your browser to resolve
relative references into absolute URLs. It must do this by prepending
a base (if the reference does not start with a '/' but is not empty)
or the "current" protocol (if the reference starts with '/').

 > Here I want to give my filename the file system path to it as a link.
 > My dtml varialbles will display /home/something/file.txt
 >
 > but when I view my document and see the links I have
 >
 > http://localhost:8080/Folder/home/something/file.txt
 >
 > What do I need to do just to have the absolute filesystem path to the
 > file.
You must generate an absolute URL (probably starting with "file://".

Dieter